Boat Project 4

 

The motor is pretty much stripped down to bare aluminum and getting ready for Pettit’s 3 part aluminum paint process.

2nd coat of the primer is applied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And the finished motor. Did the lower unit in an anti-fouling paint. The upper unit is Rustoleum black spray can with a clear coat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Interior of the boat with primer applied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And the finished hull exterior. I taped off all the strakes as these would have probably been scratched right away anyway.

 

 

 

 

 

Back at home on the trailer. The paint turned out real well. Actually impressed myself at the work. I didn’t think it would turn out that good.

 

 

 

 

 

Another angle of the floor being installed. I decided to skip wrapping it in fiberglass. I just did a couple of coats of epoxy on the wood to seal it up.

 

 

 

 

 

Some of the carpet is going in. Picked up the marine carpet from Fleet Farm for a good price. Nice stuff, it is not looped so it wont snag hooks and the backing is rubber so that will help protect the wood from water topside.

 

 

 

 

Front deck for the trolling motor is complete. Gas tank installed and also the steering console is in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Front deck carpet finished. There are two storage hatches in the subfloor but they haven’t been cut open yet.

 

 

 

 

 

Electronics going in, I put on a 55lb thrust Minnkota Terrova with I-pilot. Went with a Humminbird 788ci fish finder.

 

 

 

 

 

Rear platform framing installed along with 4th battery for the motor.

Leave a reply